Sunday, June 24, 2012

Polka-Dot Nails





Just a 'spot' of nail art for you this evening.......sorry, couldn't resist that one!!

I have been wanting to try polka-dot nails for a long time now, but I had always assumed that I was just too clumsy to be able to do it! I used to be horrendous at doing my nails, but nowadays I am reasonably good, so after a little bit of a foray into crackle effects and ombre nails, with successful results, I decided that now was the time to give this cute little look a go.

I decided to go for this gorgeous pastel turquoise shade as a base, which is called 'Maltese', by popular Brazilian nail polish brand Risque. This is actually from their 'Dogs' line, which features an array of pretty pastels with a hint of shimmer, all going by names such as 'Poodle', 'Husky' and 'SharPei'. A bit of a random theme to go for, in my opinion, but the polishes are lovely all the same.
'Maltese' goes on pretty smoothly, and only requires one to two coats to achieve opacity. In the bottle, there is a subtle hint of shimmer, but this does not appear to translate onto the nail. I did find this particular formula to be a little slow-drying, but nothing too excessive.
For the polka-dots, I used OPI's Alpine Snow, which is a lovely bright, opaque white. I used an orange stick to dot it carefully onto the nails. As you can see, the look this created is not completely uniform, and the dots are not perfect, but I think it turned out pretty well nonetheless and quite like the results.

What's on your nails at the moment?
Have you tried any nail art this week?

I've said it once already today, but I'll say it again: Hope you've all had a splendid weekend!

xx


6 comments:

  1. Well I think you can say that this was a success, they look really lovely Mel!

    -Alice
    shinyprettythings-alice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice :)
      Hope all is good with you xx

      Delete
  2. Mel these are so nice! and they remind me of a range of stationary from whsmith haha. i have interesting nails just now too! it's nice to be able to spend time on them!

    rachael x
    rivasoave.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! What have you got going on on your nails at the moment?
      Hope you're well xx

      Delete
  3. These are soo cute I love polka dot nails :)ive seen some little nails studs I want to give a go!!! x

    http://ramblingbeauty-nicolelou.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nail studs? They sound interesting! Please pop some pictures on your blog when you've used them, would love to see the outcome.
      Mel xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk