Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weekend Wishlist


1. Studded Crown Tank, £20, Topshop
2. Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser, £27, House of Fraser
3. Black Studded Skater Dress, £49, Miss Selfridge
4. Mint Studded Shirt, £39, Miss Selfridge
5. Soap and Glory 'The Fab Pore' Facial Peel, £8, Boots
6. Coral Platform Bow Heels, £48, Miss Selfridge
7. Monochrome Bag, £25, TopshopPosted by Picasa
8. Origins Drink Up 10 Minute Mask, £19, Boots

Has anyone noticed a slight theme in this week's Weekend Wishlist? Yes, that's right. Studs. I'm obsessed.
I literally just can't get enough of studded clothing at the moment. I've been eyeing up the infamous Zara studded collar blouse for an absolute age now, though I still haven't been able to bring myself to pay the extortionate prices it is being sold for on Ebay. I've also fallen in love with all the studded denim shorts that are flying around at the moment, and I think they are a brilliant summer investment, as they go with everything and are pretty timeless. And as an added bonus, they can be paired with tights and boots in Winter, so they definitely earn their keep.

This week, I've discovered a whole plethora of studded treats, courtesy of the high street. My favourite, by far, of all my picks is undoubtedly the mint green studded blouse. Not only does it have studs, but it is my absolute favourite colour of the moment. Of all the pastel shades I have been enjoying this summer, mint definitely takes the cake, and I've been wearing it on my nails, and in the form of a cropped tie-up shirt from New Look and a lovely Primark blazer.

The studded crown tank top is really versatile and will go with absolutely anything, plus I think it's a timely nod to this year's Diamond Jubilee and our beloved Queenie. Ok, so it's been and gone, but I'm still in love with the best-of-British theme and am still happily munching my way through cream teas at every available opportunity. Given the chance, I'd have the bunting back up in the garden and be sipping Pimms and pots of tea with my friends in the illusive sunshine in a jiffy (Did I just say jiffy!?)
The black skater dress is just a classic piece and can be dressed up or down, worn day or night, and come rain or shine. It'd be rude not to, really.

You'll notice that I've included two face masks on this week's list, and that, quite frankly, is because I love them. It has become my Friday night ritual to have a nice hot shower and then curl up with a cup of tea and a face mask to catch up on my favourite blogs, and I am always on the hunt for a new one to try. Actually, those I have tried of late have been somewhat lacking (more on those coming soon) and I really want something nice and thick that I can slather on for a good, intensely moisturising feast for my little face, and then remove to reveal baby-soft, ridiculously hydrated skin. From the reviews I have read of these gems, I am in for a treat.

And last but by no means least, the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser.
Now, Nars as a brand, is pretty impressive, with their Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer both becoming cult , Holy Grail Products to the masses, and that, in my eyes, is no mean feat. If Nars has the ability to pretty much conquer the beauty world, then who am I to stand in the way? I have been loving tinted moisturisers for the summer months, and have been pleasantly surprised by how nice my skin actually does look when wearing them. In the past, I had been disappointed, as it was obviously a point in my life where a little bit more coverage was required, but these days I can't get enough of Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint and Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup. As predicted, I have heard rave reviews of this one, and am definitely looking to add it to my collection.

So, those are my picks for the week. I hope you found them interesting or inspiring!
What is on your lust list at the moment?


xx

4 comments:

  1. I really like your weekend picks!! Studs are something I'm starting to obsess over too.. I agree with the mint studded blouse being top there - it looks so summery too!
    I've got out of the routine of my regular facemasks :( Maybe now school's over I should begin this again!
    Another blogger mention of Nars Orgasm blush... I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE!!

    rach xxxx
    rivasoave.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need those shoes in my life! The colour is amazing!! Love the bow detail too!
    I'm so bad at doing facemasks, I only do them when my skin looks awful...should definitely get into a better routine!

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. your wishlists never fail to make my wish list rapidly grow haha! I would love to try the nars tinted moisturiser! How do you find the Liz earle skin tint if you dont mind me asking? as thats another i'd love to try!!!!
    xxx

    Nic-
    http://ramblingbeauty-nicolelou.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. S funny I was just in town today investigating the nars tinted moisturiser and the origins drink up face mask! I really want the overnight one but its like £20!!

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk