Friday, February 1, 2013

Tropic Pure Plant Skincare: Organic Hot Bamboo Smoothing Cleanser


Unless you've been living under a rock, there's no way you haven't heard me talk about my love for organic and natural skincare, so it'll come as no surprise to hear how delighted I was to be given the opportunity to try the Tropic Organic Hot Bamboo Smoothing Cleanser*.

Tropic Pure Plant Skincare is the brainchild of Apprentice 2011 contestant, Susan Ma, who despite not winning, managed to impress business tycoon Lord Alan Sugar - so much so, that he went on to invest in Tropic and is now a 50/50 partner.


Tropic products are derived from 100% pure plant extracts, with their three main principles being to create pure, honest and effective skincare.

The Smoothing Cleanser is priced at £15.00 for 125ml, and comes complete with a 100% organic bamboo face cloth.
The product itself is a thick cream cleanser, which instantly appealed to me, as not only do I love hot cloth cleansers, but I feel that creams do a far better job at removing every last scrap of makeup than anything else I've tried.
With extracts of green tea (packed with anti-oxidants) and Eucalyptus to clarify and brighten the complexion,  the cleanser boasts yet more goodies, such as jojoba, avocado and vitamin E, all of which are super-hydrating and nourishing and aim to leave the skin plump and soft.

To use on my 'normal' skin, I apply two pumps to a dry face and neck, and massage in for about a minute or so, really giving it the chance to dissolve any debris and impurities. I then soak the bamboo cloth provided in hot water, and gently polish away the product, taking all the unwanted dirt with it.
If I have a full face of makeup on before use, I tend to massage a pump or so in before hand, rinsing with warm water, as suggested by Tropic. However, if I'm just wearing tinted moisturiser and light eye makeup then I don't find this to be a necessary step, as the cleanser is really thorough and removes every last trace of grime!

The product smells wonderfully herbal, but it's not a strong or over-powering scent. If anything, it adds to the sense of cleanliness, and is really rather pleasant, the dominant note I can pick out being that of eucalyptus.


I can honestly say that I have absolutely loved using this cleanser, and will continue to use it on a daily basis, as it has left my skin feeling so incredibly soft, smooth, hydrated and plump (yes, I'm a beauty blogger, so I will undoubtedly try other cleansers if they tickle my fancy, but this is one to always keep on hand). When I started using it, I had been a bit erratic with my skincare for the past few days, and it was showing, with blemishes and redness blighting my appearance. However, after just a couple of uses, this had already made a huge impact on my skin, and while I was a little bit sceptical as to whether that would continue, it really has done, leaving it soft, smooth and blemish free. This only serves to re-enforce my believe that my skin responds better to organic and natural ingredients, and I have definitely got my eye on some of the other products in the Tropic range.
Whether you are new to cream cleansers or a die-hard fan of the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and fancy an organic alternative, this one is for you, and it comes highly recommended from me.

Where to find Tropic:
Website
Facebook
Twitter

Have you tried anything from Tropic Pure Plant Skincare? If so, what did you think?

xx

13 comments:

  1. This looks fab Mel! I love using a hot cloth cleanser, I just find my skin feels throughly de-filthed! when I use one. I've not tried any of this range, although I did see Susan Ma on The Apprentice and was intrigued by her skincare line, so it's great to hear about it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay, I completely agree - nothing leaves my skin feeling as clean as a good old hot cloth cleanser. It's so lovely to be using one that I know doesn't have any nasties in it too - let me know if you decide to give it a try!xx

      Delete
  2. I'm using this at the moment and love it! I didn't think I've ever love a cleanser more than Liz Earle but I think this just beats it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in complete agreement, I love Liz Earle but I feel like this one has made more of a difference in the condition of my skin. The fact that it's organic will always be a winner for me xx

      Delete
  3. I have never tried anything from Tropics but I keep hearing good things! As you know I am huge fan of natural and organic skincare too. These seems really good for a decent price too. I am in love with the Trilogy cream cleanser at the moment but its about £25 so its a little pricey. Once my spending ban is over I would love to try this one and see how it works for me.

    Great review - I love your pics in the grass! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, this will be just your cup of tea! I can honestly say that it's the nicest cleanser I've used, and it's a snip when compared to Trilogy (I do still want to try that though as I've been intrigued ever since we talked about it!)When you run out, definitely give this one a try :)xx

      Delete
  4. This looks great I need a new cleanser x

    check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came so close to ordering this the other day but went with a 'Good Things' product instead, this sounds so lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, you should have gone for it, it's so lovely! Definitely keep it in mind :) I haven't heard of Good Things, will have to Google them xx

      Delete
  6. This looks like something that I'll definitely enjoy :D

    Just followed from bbloggers chat xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, do let me know if you decide to give it a try as I'm sure you'll love it xx

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing these products! I am wondering about the products that were proscribed by your AZ dermatologist. You said they have done wonders for your skin and I would like to try them, so I'm just wondering if it would be easy to get a prescription or if it was like a special circumstance? Thanks again for sharing this info!
    obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk