Monday, February 25, 2013

Vivo 'Unprotected' Colour Block Eye Palette



Shades, from l-r: Escape, Forever, Flutter, Today
                          Wisp, Flow, Adore, Relax
                           Engage, Divine, Free, Awaken 



You may remember me mentioning, not long before Christmas, that it had been a while since I'd last been 'into' wearing eyeshadow, having reserved it solely for nights out for the past couple of years. I suppose it was down to my out-growing the bright colours I had once loved, and not knowing quite which way to go next. I'd never found neutrals all that appealing in the past, though I'd always been partial to a gold eye. The real problem, though, was that I'd never really bothered to learn how to apply eyeshadow well enough to fall in love with it, and there had come a point where I just thought it made me look worse as opposed to better.
Anyway, the point is that I had been seeing some beautiful looks created with neutrals in the preceding months, and as a result had decided to buy myself a neutrals palette and get practising.
As it happened, creating a pretty neutral eye was easier than expected, and I quickly fell in love with my MUA Undressed palette, making it (and a neutral eye) a staple in my day to day makeup routine, so imagine my excitement when I unwrapped this beautiful Vivo palette after Christmas, from my Secret Santa partner, Gem of Gem Seren (thanks Gem!)

The palette is comprised of twelve neutral shades, ranging from beiges and browns to smokey greys and golden bronzes, including three neutral matte shades (Escape, Flutter and Wisp). This already pleased me, as often it can be difficult to find palettes with a good mixture of both shimmers and matte shades, and the three provided here are so versatile that they are perfect for creating a huge number of looks, along with the remaining shimmer shades. Whether you are going for a natural day time eye or more of a glamorous night time look, you've got pretty much everything you need in this palette.
All the shades in the palette are quite highly pigmented (though the shimmers are more so than the mattes), meaning the colour pay off is pretty good. However, I have noticed that they don't blend as easily as the shades in my Undressed Palette, though they are all quite creamy and smooth in texture. In terms of fall-out, I really haven't noticed much, and there have been no issues with creasing or fading.

This palette retails at just £3.99, which I think is an absolute bargain, and is perfect for those of you who want to play around with some neutral shades without having to splash your cash on something like the Urban Decay Naked palette.

Have you tried anything from Vivo Cosmetics?
If so, what were your thoughts?
Let me know if you have any recommendations!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk