Monday, April 22, 2013

Review: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser SPF20




The Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser SPF20 is a gem that's been lurking in my collection for a while now, and yet for some reason I haven't quite got around to reviewing it yet. Actually, doing so now is probably a little bit unconventional, as although Summer is on its way I've actually been using this for the past few months, and am only now starting to leave it in my drawer in favour of products that offer a bit more coverage. So a bit back to front, but this is what you have to deal with when your skin goes from being fine one minute to, well, not so fine the next. One thing I can say though, is that's it not a reflection on the product itself at all, and I'm looking forward to working this back into my routine on a more regular basis whenever my skin decided to cooperate.

There are a couple of versions of the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser available, including an oil free one, but today I'm reviewing just the bog standard version, in the shade Sand.
Generally, I tend to wear tinted moisturisers throughout the warmer months, so the fact that this comes complete with SPF20 makes it ideal for the upcoming season. Personally, I like to use a tinted moisturiser on holidays and at the beach, which I know may be frowned upon by some, but I don't see why not - I'm going to need some sun protection on my face one way or another, and if I can even out my complexion while in the process then why not? For the record, that's pretty much all I do pop on on such occasions, and I have found that it serves both purposes very well.
The formula blends like a dream, and Sand is pretty perfect for my skin-tone, which is roughly an NW25, if anyone is wondering how the shades match up. It is obviously pretty sheer in terms of coverage, but it definitely does even things out a bit and I find that it leaves me looking quite fresh-faced and healthy, which is why I'm happy to opt for this alone when my skin is behaving itself - along with a bit of concealer for my dark circles and any remnants of past blemishes, of course.
The down-side? Well, it doesn't exactly come cheap, at £33 for a full-size 40ml tube (available here) and the flip-side of it containing SPF means you are left open to the inevitable ghost-face in photographs. Personally it doesn't bother me all that much though, as if I'm going out and want to look my best for pictures then I simply choose another alternative - I usually want something with a bit more coverage in such events anyway, for maximum flawless effect.

So that's my summer skin sorted, blemish permitting, of course! Do you change up your makeup for the warmer months? If so, what's your tinted moisturiser or foundation of choice?

xx


6 comments:

  1. It sounds such a nice product this :)I would like to find a nice tinted moisturiser for the summer.

    I have a sample of the Silk Creme Foundation and it is beautiful, I may ask for some for my birthday as it is rather expensive.

    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try Silk Creme as I've heard only good things about it xx

      Delete
  2. This is a product which has been on my wish list for months!
    Great to know about the ghost face down side, didn't know that about SPF products :)!
    Scarlett x

    velvetmintlifestyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, always happens to me as I do tend to forget! Still, helpful to know if you've got a special event or something xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for such a thorough review! I've been curious about this forever; I really need to give it a go soon! Glad you're loving it :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to try it and enjoy it, it's really nice xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk