Saturday, April 20, 2013

Weekend Wishlist: The Zara Edition


// All from Zara //

Following my little shopping trip which resulted in many a Zara purchase last weekend, I'm finding myself a little bit obsessed with the place. There are so many gorgeous pieces I wish I had picked up, and every time I pop onto their website I find myself tempted even further. The funny thing is, although I've always liked Zara, it's never really been a shop that particularly excited me, yet now I can't get enough of it. I really think the quality and variety have come on leaps and bounds over the past year or so, and there are now so many iconic pieces being churned out it's hard to keep up. What I really love about Zara is how well-made their pieces are, and the way in which they are able to keep up with the trends while still remaining chic and sophisticated. I know that anything I buy from Zara will last me years, so I'm not all that put-out by the prospect of forking out for a blazer or handbag - when it comes to classic, timeless pieces I'd rather pay that little bit more than go for a cheap option that's going to fall apart in five minutes. I save the likes of Primark for the fast fashion and rapidly moving trends, which it does so well.
At the moment I'm mostly craving brightly coloured blazers. I love how they can be dressed up or down, and a good pop of colour is all that's needed to take a monochrome outfit into Spring. I'm also lusting after a really good quality handbag, as I tend to chop and change quite easily and as a result usually pick up cheaper options that don't quite stand the test of time. I'm after a spacious neutral or black bag that has plenty of space for all the junk I cart around, but that is also easy to organise so I don't find myself having to rummage it through it for my phone or purse, which would inevitably be residing right at the bottom. Of course, while seeking out such bags, it was impossible not to be drawn in by one or two of the brighter, more ornate looking clutches. There are some gorgeous beaded and embellished numbers in at the moment, and being the sort of girl who usually throws caution to the wind and just grabs whatever's prettiest, I'm going to have to exercise some restraint!
Footwear-wise, I'm looking to update my collection with some bright boots and shoes, and I must admit that I'm still partial to a bit of animal print or stud detailing. I know they've been done to death by now, but I love the fact that shops and designers are still coming up with new variations and managing to keep things fresh. I'm quite happy to see these trends continuing on into the next season, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they are going to be combined with more traditional Spring/Summer styles, as well as the lighter, fresher colour palette of pastels and pretty brights.
Last but not least, there are some stunning statement necklaces in for the warmer months, and personally I love to keep a stash of these to brighten up basics, as I find that they help me to get so many more outfits out of my wardrobe, and get me wearing items I might otherwise cast aside or reject as being a bit boring.

Have you popped into Zara lately? If so, what caught your eye?


xx

3 comments:

  1. I always see so much stuff on Zara that I love,then I go in and can never find it. But I love Zara, their clothes are beautiful and very classic looking x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZARA <3

    diolifestyle.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Zara but my nearest branch isn't very good. There's always such lovely colours in their S/S collections, that yellow blazer is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk