Friday, July 26, 2013

The Weekly Selection


Unusually for me, I haven't been buying much in the way of beauty products lately - actually, make that, at all. I suppose you could say I've been on something of a spending ban, although I haven't officially been calling it that, or telling anybody that I'm doing it. It's been more a case of just keeping my purse closed because there have been so many other expenses to cover, and there are even more just around the corner, and I have to say that I'm really rather impressed with myself for not giving in. In fact, it hasn't even been as difficult as I would have imagined, as there hasn't really been all that much that I've wanted that badly of late.
So, as I haven't been splashing the cash, I've been making the most of my current collection, and these are the products that I've been enjoying over the past week.
Now, I say I haven't bought anything, but there are two exceptions in this post, those being the Tresemme Keratin Smooth shampoo and conditioner. I don't really think these count, as they are a necessity and are very reasonably priced. I've been wanting to try the Keratin Smooth range for a while now, but it has only just arrived where I am, so when I saw these two in the supermarket last week I snapped them up and have been using them ever since. So far, so good - but I have to say, it takes a lot to impress me where haircare is concerned, and with these two I haven't seen anything that makes me want to shout about them from the rooftops. They are a nice day to day duo and do the job for which they were designed, but while my hair does seem to be that bit less frizzy, I can't be sure it's not just down to the little DIY trim I gave myself last week. They do leave my hair soft and manageable though, and for the price I can't complain.
Once again, I've been loving my Topshop Cream Blush in the shade Flush for a bright pop of coral that's perfect for the warmer summer weather. Where lips are concerned, I have resurrected an old favourite, the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey, which is such an easy every-day product to reach for. While I do love a bright lip in the summer, lately I've been finding that I can't always be bothered with the maintenance they involve, and despite being a lipstick girl at heart I've been favouring lighter products which will let my lips breathe a bit more. Honey is such a flattering shade and I think it would suit pretty much anyone. It's subtle yet pretty, and is so easy to reapply on the go without having to worry about doing so to perfection. It keeps my lips nice and hydrated too, which is always a bonus in the heat.
Skincare-wise, I've been relying on the Elemental Herbology Facial Glow Radiance Peel to exfoliate my skin and keep it looking its best on a weekly basis. The sunshine can leave it feeling that bit more dehydrated than usual, and with extra sebum production being a bit of a risk this helps to get rid of any pore-blocking debris as well as leaving skin smooth and glowing.
I've also been slathering the Nip & Fab Mango Smoothie Dry Skin Fix Body Butter on lately, as whenever it's sunny I like nothing more than to douse myself in fruity fragrances that epitomise the long summer days. It's pretty moisturising, though I wouldn't say it's as amazing in that department as some seem to find it. It does smell exactly like a real mango smoothie though, and it only costs £2.95 -  can't argue with that.

Which products have you been loving the most this week?

xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm on the verge of giving myself a little DIY trim (fringe and maybe a bit at the sides) - great minds and all that Mel! Tresemme Shampoos are such a good price - looks like a duo I'd go for - especially if it helps with frizz. I love Revlon Balm Stain - Honey - been using it a lot too in this hot weather (as well as last year's Rendezvous). Hope you're having a good weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep going back to Tresemme, they are such good value!
    I'm looking for a new blusher, are the Topshop ones something I should be buying? xx


    Trial and Error Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk