Thursday, May 8, 2014

Review: Raw Gaia Skincare


I've talked at length in the past about how much I believe in using good quality skincare with lots of natural, nutritious ingredients, and nothing has changed much on that score. That isn't to say that I go 100% natural 100% of the time. But where possible, I do like to go for organic and natural products in order to really nourish my skin, without bombarding it with harsh chemicals and the like.

Recently, I stumbled across Raw Gaia, and couldn't wait to treat myself to an evening pamper with their 
Raw Chocolate Face Pack* and Cold Pressed Organic Rosehip Oil*. The products are raw, vegan, cruelty free and fair trade, and made up of 100% natural ingredients.

The Raw Chocolate Face Pack smells absolutely divine, and if I didn't know any better I'd believe I was smothering my face in nothing but chocolatey goodness. Actually, the product is packed with lots of other lovely, natural skin treats, including red clay, turmeric and Amla fruit powder.  Red clay is a powerhouse of iron oxides, brightening skin and renewing cells. Turmeric is probably something you've got in your kitchen cupboard, and is packed with anti oxidants to fend off aging free radicals and even out skin tone. Amla - also known as Indian gooseberry - also offers a whole host of benefits, from clearer skin to a brighter complexion. It all sounded pretty good to me, and I knew I would enjoy putting it to the test.

The mask comes in powder form, and to use, must be mixed with warm water to form a paste. I popped a teaspoon into a bowl and stirred in a few drops at a time to ensure that the consistency was thick enough, before applying liberally and leaving for ten minutes. To be honest, it can be quite a messy process, so it's important to make sure you've got the right tools to hand rather that hashing together a mixture in the lid, which I must admit, is what I did the first time! The face pack quickly dries to a reddish-brown mask, and though you can definitely tell it's there, it doesn't feel heavy or prevent you from moving your facial muscles, as some do!

After rinsing with warm water and patting skin dry with a towel, skin feels soft, nourished and comfortable.

*

Like the face pack, the Cold Pressed Rosehip Oil comes in frosted glass packaging , and this time, it's a bottle. Personally, I would have preferred a pipette applicator in order to make it easier to dispense the right amount, as in its absence there is a risk of spilling excess product, which would inevitably go to waste.

Rosehip oil is a fantastic source of vitamins, anti-oxidants and essential fatty acids that play a vital role in the regeneration and health of skin cells. With the ability to actively reverse damage caused by sun exposure and environmental stress, it's something I've been meaning to try for some while now, as if you've been following my posts for some while then you'll know that I went through months of skin issues last year. I've always been really lucky in that department, with barely a spot to contend with even as a teenager. But last year, out of nowhere, I started suffering from quite bad breakouts, which lasted for some months, and although my skin is now back to normal, I can still see a few little marks that have been left behind when I haven't got any makeup on.

A couple of drops of this patted into the skin sink in easily without leaving a greasy, and leaves skin feeling super soft in the morning. I'll be reporting back on this one further down the line, as I am going to be keeping an eye on how well it works in terms of skintone. But as yet, I'm really enjoying using both the products and would definitely recommend Raw Gaia to anyone who is into natural skincare - and especially those of you who are trying to cut chemical nasties from your routines.

Do you use much natural skincare? If so, I'd love to know your favourite products, as I'm always on the lookout for new things to try.

xx

1 comment:

  1. Both these sound so lovely, and I like the novelty of having to make-up the face mask yourself, although if it ends up really messy that novelty might wear off quickly!

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk