Friday, May 23, 2014

The Weekly Selection


Hi everyone, hope you've all had a fabulous weekend and have been enjoying all this sunshine we've been having. I definitely have, squeezing two barbecues, a boat trip and plenty of sunbathing into the past couple of days, and I'll be posting some photos shortly. For now,  it's that time of the week again, so here are my weekly favourites.

I love a good facial spritz at the best of times, but in the summer months, all the more so, and I find myself readily spraying away at every given opportunity. The Body Shop Vitamin C Face Spritz is my number one wake-me-up weapon at the moment, with a zingy citrus scent to refresh and invigorate. It gives my skin a boost, but it also targets my senses - definitely an added bonus, and an all-round winner.

I love a nice radiance-boosting mask in the springtime, and I really feel that my skin benefits from a bi-weekly boost in the form of the Apivita Face Mask with Pomegranate, which I reviewed earlier this week. It's one of those unexpected winners, where it doesn't seem to be anything special, but on giving it a try it is pleasantly surprising. If you're interested in knowing more, then I'll let you go and read my post on it.

Also on my hit list this week have been two absolute treats from Benefit. If  I remember rightly, the They're Real Mascara featured in my last favourites post - but hey, I'm breaking all the rules, and it's in here again. Personally, I see now problem with repeat appearances in these sorts of things, as it only serves to prove that they really are well loved. I'd rather that than choose something I wasn't all that enthralled with just to fill the space - that wouldn't be honest, and it wouldn't get any of us anywhere.
Anyway, as I would have mentioned previously, this is a mascara I was reluctant to try - or should I say, buy -  as I wasn't willing to believe that any mascara could warrant an £18-odd price tag. However, I was forced to eat my words on receiving this as part of a birthday present, because actually it is pretty wonderful, and I'm keeping a tight hold.

Last up is Benefit Gimme Brow - another item included in my Benefit birthday bundle of goodies. I love brow products, and never go a day without reaching for a gel, powder or wax to give mine some sort of shape. Thanks to the dreaded over-plucking as a teenager (thanks, sis), they are now a bit on the..well, wonky side, so although they are fairly thick and full, they can always do with a bit of extra help.
Gimme Brow is a two in one product, as it serves as a setting gel but is also tinted. I use this to shape and fill my brows all in one go, but I do still reach for a powder to fill in the tails as I find it easier to get a precise finish.

Those are my lot for this week, but already I can feel some more products making their way up in my mental favourites list, so expect lots of enthusiasm over the next few weeks!

What have been your favourite products lately?

xx

3 comments:

  1. Love the sound of the Vitamin C spritz, and of course always loving They're Real!

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been busy! I'm glad you've been enjoying the sunshine. Gimme Brow is a new favourite for me - stress free and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Body Shop's Vitamin C range, I really want to try this spritz! The Apivita mask sounds fab, too :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk