Saturday, July 5, 2014

Review: Kosmea Skincare


If you know me at all from reading my posts, you'll know how much I love trying out new skincare brands, and particularly those based around lots of great, natural ingredients. Sometimes they are OK, and sometimes perhaps not so much for me. But sometimes, I find some real gems, and Kosmea Skincare definitely falls into the latter category.

An Australian brand, Kosmea believes very much in 'skincare as nature intended', formulated with
no mineral oils, petrochemicals, artificial colours or fragrances, no sodium lauryl sulphate (often referred to as SLS) and no animal ingredients. None of the products are tested on animals, and the packaging is recyclable, too!

A natural skincare range formulated around organic rosehip oil and the finest herbal, plant and flower extracts from Australia and around the world, Kosmea instantly piqued my interest, and over the past few weeks I have been testing out three of the brand's products: The Clarifying Facial Wash*,  Hydrating Rosewater Mist* and Replenishing Moisture Cream*.

At first glance, I wasn't sold on the concept of the cleanser, mainly because I tend to go for creams and balms due to their intensely moisturising properties. The Clarifying Facial Wash is somewhere between a gel and a cream, milky in appearance and quite liquid in consistency, and actually, I couldn't have been more wrong.

With Australian Lilly Pilly and Quandong extracts to clarify and tone, the cleanser is packed with hydrating rosehip and macadamia oils to leave skin soft, smooth and free to breathe.

To use, I massage a small amount into dry or damp skin for about a minute, and rinse. I have to say, after the first use I really was blown away by how soft and hydrated this left my skin, and couldn't stop touching it! It's rare to find a cleanser which offers such a noticeable and immediate effect alone - and this one smells incredible, too.

The Hydrating Rosewater Mist, unsurprisingly, comes in a handy spray bottle, and I generally mist some over my skin post-cleanse, but it's also great for a quick pick-me-up for a tired and weary complexion during the working day, so I tend to keep it on hand. Gentle, soothing, cooling and hydrating, this is definitely one of my favourite facial spritzes yet, which is no mean feat considering the number I have tried. The gentle rose fragrance is simultaneously uplifting and calming, and it's the perfect follow-up to both my morning and evening cleanse.

The Replenishing Moisture Cream is an impressive conclusion to the three-step routine, and is easily absorbed into the skin. Rosehip oil nurtures and protects the skin with antioxidants and essential fatty acids, while carrot oil provides a natural source of Vitamin A to help improve elasticity. Add to that a shot of horsetail and nettle extract to aid in the rebuilding of collage, and skin is left plumped, smooth, replenished and rehydrated.

I don't often say this, but I really cannot recommend this range highly enough. I feel that it has done my skin the world of good, and having come to the end of my samples I am eager to replace them, integrating them into my skincare routine for the long-term.

If you haven't heard of Kosmea and you're a fan of good, natural skincare with a whole host of benefits then I'd definitely suggest checking them out. And if you're yet to make the move over to natural ingredients and fewer chemical nasties, then give it a try - you'll wish you'd done it sooner!

Are you a fan of natural skincare? What are your favourite products?


xx


There's still time to enter my Jo Malone Giveaway!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a lovely range, it's so nice to find a group of products that work well for you!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed! I really love discovering new brands, especially when it comes to skincare :) xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review. I'll be on the look-out for these products & can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly I haven't found a natural brand that I love..yet. I just heard about Pai on another blog and now I'm reading about Kosmea:) I'll have to check out their online availibility. Thnx for the review and intro!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk