Monday, July 7, 2014

The Health Series: Molkosan Fruit


Probiotics have received a lot of press attention in recent years, with the spotlight very much focused on the all-round benefits they offer in the health department. Contrary to popular belief, there's more to them than just their effect on the digestive system, although this, in itself is a great reason to take them.
Not only can they help to support normal function of digestive enzymes, but they also have a whole host of other benefits, from boosting the immune system to improving mental health issues such as depression and anxiety. Yep, that's right - it might sound unlikely, but there is a wealth of evidence showing intestinal involvement in a variety of neurological disorders. We have neurons in the gut as well as the brain, which produce neurotransmittors such as serotonin, and if the balance is upset then it could result in some unexpected issues.

Recently, I have added Molkosan Fruit* to my daily routine. Made from 100% natural fermented whey and rich in L+ lactic acid to supports good gut bacteria, a small amount (20ml) is added to a glass of water or juice and taken first thing in the morning. The tonic also contains added calcium, and is 
enriched and naturally sweetened with aronia berry and pomegranate, which are crammed full of natural antioxidants.  Taken regularly, it contributes to the normal function of digestive enzymes, making it a great daily tonic for digestive balance.

Unlike some supplements, this one tastes really pleasant - in fact, it's more or less like having a yoghurt drink as it tastes really fruity and quite creamy.

Now, personally I don't really have a problem in the stomach department, although I do feel a bit bloated on occasion. However, for those of you who do have 'troubles' in that area (and we are talking all sorts), this is a great option for restoring the balance.

I generally take Molkosan Fruit for its overall health benefits - it supports the metabolism, and should it have any effect on mood then I'm certainly not going to complain, as I'm the first to admit that a bit of help in that department wouldn't go amiss at times! I think this is probably the case for most of us, and so if we can prevent as well as aid any such issues then it makes sense to do so.

I've noticed that I am less bloated since starting to take Molkosan - funnily enough, I didn't really realise that this was an issue until it began to subside, so it just goes to show that we can become all too used to some things when actually, they are not necessarily normal - or if they are, we don't always have to tolerate them.

There are also other ways in which we can help our good gut bacteria to flourish. Eating a diet low in refined sugars and yeast and cutting down on wheat, while eating more foods containing inulin (artichokes, onions, chicory, garlic) and boosting your intake of short-grain brown rice can all do the trick, so if you're in need of an overhaul in that department then why not give it a try?

Molkosan Fruit is priced at £6.96 at www.avogel.co.uk


xx

4 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of these kind of things to help and supplement your body. Currently loving Wheatgrass Powder in orange juice for my dose of Omega fatty acids xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do you get your wheatgrass from? I'll give you a tweet as I'd like to get my hands on some xx

      Delete
  2. Oooh, this sounds interesting. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk